Filter Results
728 properties
Sunbreak Farms
#FL298312
Saint Lucie, 
10,330.00 acres
This is an exceptional opportunity to purchase fully improved land that has been laser leveled and prepared for farming a variety of crops. The property includes a 1,440 +/- SF office building, 4,400 +/- SF maintenance facility, pumps, reservoirs, a shell-based road system and holds valid water permits through 2025. Currently operating as corn silage, this site has tremendous potential for a variety of very viable uses including Hemp production, farming, water farming or storage, residential development, and conservation. A complete inventory of equipment is available from the broker. This property is available for sale or lease.
$79,500,000
Champion Ranch
#TX380707
Leon, 
5,000.00 acres
Located halfway between Dallas and Houston, Champion Ranch boasts over 5,000 acres of prime ranch land. Atop oak tree studded sandy loam hills, the property includes an idyllic owners home on a private 78-acre lake. In addition, the ranch has numerous barns, eight guest and ranch houses, and a 16-person bunkhouse. With over 20 additional lakes, stock ponds and live river streams, Champion Ranch is also home to a sprawling peach orchid that currently produces 18 varieties of peaches. Dinner and dancing are conducted in the 2,200 sq. ft. on-property Saloon. With two bars, a piano and sound system, the Saloon seats up to 130 guests for corporate or private events. There are 36 oil and gas wells situated on the property. The underground mineral ownership rights, included in the deal, currently produce significant income as well as prospective future fortunes. Livestock include herds of purebred Brangus breeder cattle and award-winning horses. Ranch equipment and more are offered in the turn key sale. The Richard Wallrath Educational Foundation, established in 2006, is slated to receive the majority proceeds of the multi-million dollar ranch sale and distribute between the 4-H Youth Development Foundation and FFA, previously Texas Future Farmers of America. The sale includes 100% of all oil and gas well rights, existing and future royalty income streams, approximately 1,000 head of purebred cattle, and more. Champion Ranch Oil and Gas: - 100% of owned mineral rights and oil & gas income convey, no reservations. - 36 ranch wells - 16 producing wells. 12 horizontals / 4 verticals Champion Ranch Cattle: - Brangus Cow Calf Operation - Ranch Capacity: 1,200 Head during normal rainfall and temperate years Champion Ranch Water Sources: - 14 working water wells (not including oilfield) - 3 artesian wells - 1 78 acre lake, stocked with bass & catfish - 20+ smaller lakes & ponds throughout the ranch (most stocked with bass & catfish) Live Water: - Keechi Creek runs through the middle of the ranch (North to South) - Beaver Creek runs northern boundary of the ranch - A natural wetland is located on the NE corner of the ranch Champion Ranch Improvements: Main House - 3,992 sq. ft., Built 2002, 3 bed/2 bath - Car Port (960 sq. ft.) - Guest Quarters (660 sq. ft.) - Weight Room (600 sq. ft.) - Office/Museum (1,600 sq. ft.), Built 2014 - Swimming Pool Second Owners House (Yellow House) - 4,500 sq. ft., Built 2014, 4 bed / 3.5 bath Manager's House - 2,698 sq. ft., Built 1978 - Car Port (532 sq. ft.) - Metal Shop / Covered swimming pool (1,290 sq. ft.) - Bath house (744 sq. ft.) Camp House - 2,676 sq. ft., Built 2012, 2 bed/2 bath - This Bunkhouse/Guesthouse sleeps 16+ people with family room, kitchen, breakfast bar, dining area, utility room with washer, dryer, and storage, "unused" smoke house, picnic pavilion with BBQ pit, concrete sidewalks, and burn pit with overlooking view. Cattle Manager's house (White House) - 1,812 sq. ft., Built 1958, 4 bed/3 bath - Wood frame house with carport and several out buildings, paved driveway, fully fenced. 4 Ranch Houses - 1,400 sq. ft., Built 1994-2008, 3 bed/2.5 bath - Laundry room, office area, kitchen with breakfast bar, dining area, and family room. Ranch House - 1,400 sq. ft., Built 1984, 2 bed/2 bath - Remodeled, laundry room, kitchen, dining area, and family room. Ranch Buildings: Horse Barn and Stables - 11,800 sq. ft., Built 2008 - apartment living quarters and bath, 2 offices, tack room, bathroom, music control room, horse wash area, horse walker, round working pen, paved drive and parking. Covered Arena - 52,500 sq. ft., Built 2001 - grand stands, rodeo bucking chutes, pens, paved entry Sales Arena - 2,160 sq. ft., Built 2001 - Livestock auction style sale arena with theater type seating, ticket/bookkeeping office area. Pens connect with covered arena, paved drive entry, central air & heat. Saloon - 2,208 sq. ft., Built 2012 - 2 bathrooms, seats 130 people, dance floor, large bar and back bar, piano, bandstand, sound system for bands or public speaking, large covered porch with lounge chairs and tables, central air and heating, ceiling fans, fully furnished. Main Office - 2,400 sq. ft., Built 1992 - 2 bathrooms, conference room, 2 large offices, 2 smaller offices, reception desk and reception area with seating, fully furnished, central air and heat, internet and satellite services, electric entry gate, paved entry and parking, covered porch with rocking chairs. Covered Working Barn with Pens - 26,090 sq. ft., Built 1984 - Remodeled several times since it was built, bathroom, tack room, feed room, horse stalls, hydraulic working chutes and numerous sorting pens. Paved entry and parking, 18-wheeler and cattle trailer loading area, and numerous outside holding pens. Peach Barn - 6,250 sq. ft., Built 2012 - With apartment living quarters, 2 baths, 2 walk-in coolers, 4 large "roll-up" doors, covered parking, electric gate, white rock entry and parking, peach processing table for washing and sort Tractor Equipment Shed and Shop - 2,880 sq. ft., Built 1984 - Shop with tools for working on equipment, overhead fuel tanks, overhead bulk feed bins, pipe racks for pipe storage, paved entry and parking. Office Shop - 1,800 sq. ft., Built 1980's - Ranch maintenance storage area and shop for lawn mowers, carpentry tools, lumber, etc. Smoke House & Processing Facility - 500 sq. ft.
$0
Berry Farm
#FL313063
Charlotte, 
6,322.00 acres
The Berry Farm is 6,322 +/- acres located in Charlotte County, Florida. This property consists of 1000 net tree acres of high quality orange grove, 2000 net irrigated farm acres, a citrus nursery that is producing 350,000 trees a year, 2 vegetable packing houses with one equipped with an icehouse, and 3000 acres of pasture that can be used for recreation and supports 300 brood cows. The farm has excellent access to County Road 74 (Bermont Road) which makes travel to Punta Gorda and Fort Myers very easy. This property will be an excellent purchase as an owner operated agriculture operation or a great investment opportunity.
$50,000,000
Swenson Family Flat Top Ranch
#TX245957
Jones, 
41,000.00 acres
This property has been recently reduced from $1200 per acre to $985. The Flat Top Division of the legendary Swenson Ranch was established in 1853 – 1854 and the ranch contains 41,000 ± acres. Elevations on the ranch range from approximately 1,600’ feet to around 1,750’. The terrain over the eastern portion of the Flat Top Ranch is described as nearly level to gently rolling and sloping towards several noticeable drainages, all draining to the northeast. A very prominent elevated mesa, known as Flat Top Mountain, is located on the west-half of the ranch. The elevation change from the country below the mesa top to the country on the upper edge of the mesa is approximately 100 feet. The east face of the mesa is steep and rocky, but much of the mesa top is level and gently sloping. Views from the mesa edge are very impressive. To the west of the large mesa top, the level country transitions to header draws, becoming deeper canyon drainages, all flowing to the northwest to the Double Mountain Fork of the Brazos River. Native grass cover is considered to be good to excellent over much of the property. Principal native grasses include several varieties of bluestem, side oats grama, Texas winter grass, Arizona cottontop, blue grama, buffalo grass, tobosa, vine-mesquite, western wheat grass and sand drop seed. With favorable winter moisture, wildrye and filaree are abundant over major portions of the ranch. Approximately 6,300 acres are in cultivation, scattered over about a dozen fields throughout the ranch. All of the cultivated land is farmed on a dryland basis, principally farmed in wheat for seasonal grazing of livestock. With large areas of the ranch having very productive soils, it is estimated that an additional 10,000 acres could be broken out and farmed, if desired. With normal precipitation, this area of Texas is considered desirable wheat pasture country. LOCATION The ranch is generally located immediately west of Stamford, Texas, but two small non-contiguous tracts are located north and east of Stamford. Access to all major portions of the ranch are by paved highways and county roads. The ranch has an extensive network of well-maintained private ranch roads, making the property very accessible overall. Abilene, Texas is approximately 40 miles south of the ranch, with Fort Worth being approximately 180 miles to the east and Lubbock being approximately 140 miles to the northwest. The ranch is located on the Texas Rolling Plains, which is an area widely recognized for ranching, farming, mineral production, and in more recent years, outstanding hunting. HISTORY The historic Swenson Ranches trace their origin to Svante Magnus Swenson, the first Swedish immigrant to arrive in Texas, landing near what is now Galveston in 1838. The famous SMS brand, with two backward S’s was one of the first registered in Texas and was derived from Swenson’s initials. Swenson, a close ally of Sam Houston, played an active role in the state’s early history. He served as Travis County Commissioner in the 1850’s and as the first Treasurer of the State Agriculture Society. Swenson opened one of the first stores in Austin, introduced the Colt revolver to the frontier, and established the Swedish Pipeline which brought thousands of Swedish families to settle in Texas after the Civil War. A cabin from Swenson’s farm east of Austin, called Govalle, is enshrined today at Zilker Botanical Gardens in Austin as part of the Swedish Pioneer Village. By 1850 Svante had established himself in the general merchandise business in Austin. His large frontier trading post traded saddles, boots, blankets and many other supplies. Through his trading, Swenson began acquiring substantial amounts of land. Swenson also invested in railroad bonds and school bonds which entitled him to even more acreage. By 1860 Swenson had accumulated over 680,000 acres in Texas, much of it the unsettled territories on North Texas, north of Abilene. It was from these lands that the Flat Top Ranch was organized and is still owned by S.M. Swenson’s direct descendants. Because he was an ally of Houston’s and a vocal opponent of secession from the Union, Swenson was nearly assassinated at the beginning of the Civil War. With continuing threats on his life, he fled to Mexico in 1863 hidden under straw in a covered wagon. After the Civil War he settled in New York City where his wife and children joined him. He sold off his holdings around Austin, but maintained ownership of the land in the northern parts of Texas. In 1882 these lands were fenced and organized by Swenson’s sons, Eric and Swen Albin, and the vast ranching operations began. Initially the sons leased the ranches from their father and when Svante died in 1896, they inherited the properties. At this time there were three ranches: Ericsdahl, Eleonora and Mount Albin. The Ericsdahl Ranch which was located 7 miles east of Stamford was split up and sold to Swedish immigrants in the early 1900’s. Eleonora became known as the Throckmorton Ranch because it was in that county. The Mount Albin Ranch became known as the Flat Top Ranch because of a prominent mesa on the property. This is the ranch that Chas. S. Middleton and Son, LLC, has for sale today. The Swenson brothers hired one of S.M. Swenson’s nephews as the first manager of the overall operations. He was responsible for stocking the ranches and overseeing the construction of the headquarters, barns, and corrals, as well as the drilling of water wells. The first herds were comprised of 1,800 high-grade Durham Shorthorns and 180 Hereford-Shorthorn crosses along with registered Hereford bulls. The original remuda was driven up the Chisolm Trail from Round Rock, Texas where many Swedes had settled. The horses were a mix of Spanish and Arabian stock. The first ranch hands were mostly Swedish immigrants who had settled first in towns around Austin, like Round Rock, New Sweden and Elgin and many others came directly from Sweden. The ranches continued to grow as the family purchased the Scab 8 Ranch in 1900, adding another 79,000 acres of land to their holdings and renamed it the Tongue River Ranch. In 1906 they purchased the Espuela Ranch with other partners which gave them access to over 200,000 acres more. This ranch became the Spur Ranch and while much of it was sold off in the 1920’s, the family still owned 65,000 acres of it until the 1970’s. In order to make it easier to get their cattle to market, the Swenson brothers convinced the Texas Central Railroad to extend its rail line from Albany, Texas, 38 miles to the east, to the place that is now Stamford, Texas. The family donated the initial 640 acres from the Flat Top Ranch for the town and helped lay it out. The present headquarters for the Swenson Land & Cattle Co, was built in the town, on Swenson Street, in the 1920’s. Some of the property that is part of the Flat Top Ranch remains inside or adjacent to the town limits, including a recent purchase of about 132 acres that contains substantial cattle pens for feeding, weaning, etc. The Texas Cowboy Reunion Rodeo grounds, still the largest working cowboy rodeo in the US, was founded in Stamford by the Swenson heirs in 1930 on land that they also donated from their Flat Top holdings. In 1902 the Swenson brothers hired Frank S. Hastings as manager of their far-flung ranches and over the next two decades committed to the breeding and improvement of the SMS cattle. Under Hastings’ supervision, SMS became among the first ranches to participate in the “mail order” calf business. The cattle won many awards and developed a reputation for quality that remains today. Eric Swenson, Svante’s oldest son, remained as president of the ranches until his death in 1945. He was succeeded by one of his sons, Swen R. Swenson. In 1978 the holdings totaling over 250,000 acres were divided among four family groups. Three of the groups have since sold their ranches. The remaining group, whose land includes the Flat Top Ranch, was headed by Bruce B Swenson, one of Swen R. Swenson’s sons, and included Bruce’s brothers, Rod and Perry Swenson. The three brothers have passed away and the company that owns the Flat Top Ranch is now the Swenson Land & Cattle Co. and is chaired by Steve Swenson, one of Bruce’s sons. All the board of directors and shareholders are descendants of Svante Magnus Swenson. In recent years Swenson Land & Cattle has continued as a strong cow/calf operator and almost always gets the highest price for its class of cattle at Superior Livestock Auctions and other venues. Cattle buyers for Whole Foods have purchased the ranch’s cattle over the last 5-6 years. As a result, the Global Animal Partnership (GAP), Whole Food’s third party certification partner, has made on-site inspections of the ranch’s operations twice in the last 5 years. The ranch received a GAP 4 rating indicating it uses best practices for humane treatment of its cattle for an operation of this size. The ranch hands, now headed by Mark Voss, have won several ranch rodeo competitions over the past several years in places like Wichita Falls and Abilene. Wildlife is abundant at Flat Top and hunting leases have contributed substantial revenue in the past 10 years or so. The company sells a small amount of cattle to Svante’s Ranch Direct, a company owned by several S.M. Swenson descendants. They sell grass finished beef through farmers markets, a web site and food truck in the Austin area. As the years have gone by and the family tree continues to grow, shareholders have become more and more dispersed throughout the US and their interests have become more diverse. With many shareholders now in their mid-to late 60’s, the board reluctantly voted to sell Flat Top in order to provide some liquidity to those who wanted some. Selling Flat Top was not an easy decision for the family especially knowing that this heritage that traces directly to S.M. Swenson would pass from his great great-grandchildren and future descendants. However, the family has concluded that this the right time in their lives to do this. Sources: Clark, Mary Whatley - The Swenson Saga and the SMS Ranches (Austin, Texas: Jenkins Book Publishing Co. 1976); Baize, Wayne – Swenson Land & Cattle Company (2014); Anderson, H. Allen - SMS Ranches (Texas State Historical Association) WATER FEATURES The Double Mountain Fork of the Brazos River flows in a northeasterly direction through the ranch for approximately seven miles. Large tree cover is common along the river bottom with cedar found along the ridgelines and canyon side slopes. This area of the ranch is considered very scenic and offers great recreational appeal. Additionally, there are a number of smaller seasonal creeks throughout the property. The ranch is well watered by over 40 water wells, being a combination of windmills and electric submersible wells. These water sources distribute water to an extensive network of approximately 25 miles of waterlines and over 100 drinking troughs. Other water sources include approximately 140 earthen ponds, some of which are seasonal, with others being very large and considered to be a desirable year-round source of livestock water. Overall, the ranch is considered to be well watered. LIVESTOCK/CATTLE OPERATIONS Historically, the Flat Top Division of the Swenson Ranch has been operated as a cow/calf operation. Depending on weather conditions, the ranch is typically stocked with 850 – 1,000 mother cows, plus bulls and replacements. The ranch maintains a quality cow herd and while the cattle are not included in the sale, they are available to be purchased at market price. Current livestock inventory is approximately 855 bred cows, 90 bred heifers and 70 bulls. HUNTING, WILDLIFE AND RECREATION The Flat Top Division offers great hunting opportunities, including white tail deer, quail, dove, feral hogs and seasonal water fowl. Fishing is available in the river and several of the larger ponds. IMPROVEMENTS The ranch owns a small grow yard located just west of Stamford. The pens are of pipe construction with complete working facilities, scales and some covered pens. This tract has some adjoining pasture and farmland, which compliments the grow yard. The property is adequately improved for the day to day ranching operation. In addition to the grow yard, other structural improvements include the main headquarters, the Taylor Camp, the Farm Center, and approximately 17 sets of livestock shipping/working/branding pens. The headquarter improvements consist of the ranch manager’s home, several employee houses, barns, horse stalls and a large set of livestock shipping pens, which are equipped with scales. The Taylor Camp is improved with a camp manager’s home, bunk house and shipping pens equipped with scales. The Farm Center improvements include a metal barn/shop with a fenced area for housing farm equipment and fuel. The Flat Top Division of the Swenson Ranch is fenced and cross fenced into many multiple pastures, and most all of the fences are considered to be in average to above average condition. Totally, there are approximately 166 miles of fencing on the ranch. RESOURCES There is scattered oil production on the ranch. The original oil production was first discovered in the early 1950’s and some of this original production is still producing. In 1978, as briefly mentioned in the History of the Swenson Ranches, the four Swenson Families agreed to partition all of the ranches into four separate family divisions. After the ranches were partitioned, the three other families began selling off their divisions. At the time of this partition, each division of the Swenson Ranches had all or most all of the minerals intact. Each of the four families received one-quarter of the minerals under each of the four divisions. That being the case, the Swenson Family members owning the Flat Top Division have approximately 25% of the minerals under this ranch. Current royalty income is fairly substantial. New drilling is now underway, and recent development would suggest the possibility of a substantial new income source from oil. Since it is very difficult to determine the present value and future potential of the minerals, the family has elected to negotiate on the mineral conveyance based on the final offering price for the property. Based on the family owning approximately 25% of the minerals under the Flat Top Division, current royalty income is approximately $200,000 per year on the original production and approximately $600,000 per year on the newly discovered production. In addition to the income derived from the cattle operation and farming income, other sources of income include hunting lease revenue, periodic surface damage income and income derived from oil and gas leases and oil and gas royalty production. The hunting is leased on a year to year basis and can be extended if a buyer is not interested in hunting, or terminated, if the buyer wants possession of the hunting. The ranch just negotiated a gas pipeline easement crossing approximately 7 miles of the ranch. This pipeline has just been installed and the utility company has re-seeded this easement with grass. The ranch collected $1,300,000 for this easement. While there are no major electric transmission lines currently located on the ranch, many large wind farm developments and transmission lines are located throughout this region of Texas. With this in mind, the owners of the Flat Top Division propose to reserve 25% of any future wind energy royalty income, but the purchaser of the ranch will have full control of negotiating any future wind energy leases. PRICE AND REMARKS The Flat Top Division of the Swenson Ranch is very reasonably priced at $985 per acre. It is very seldom that a ranch of this magnitude and history becomes available in this area of Texas. The owners of the ranch are currently in the process of surveying the entire property in order to establish the exact acres of the ranch. This survey is being paid for by the owners. Property taxes are approximately $63,000 per year or about $1.50 per acre. BROKER COMMENTS The ranch is generally operated with approximately eight full-time employees. In addition to the very knowledgeable ranch manager, there is clerical help at the office in Stamford along with additional farm/ranch employees, including the Taylor Camp manager. All together this efficient staff keeps the books, pays bills, manages the day to day farming and ranching operation, maintains the property and meets with the family on a regular basis. As the broker selected to market this property, it is apparent the current employees are a valuable asset to the ranch and a buyer of this property should strongly consider keeping everyone on board. All employees are anxious to remain with the ranch. This long-term ownership ranch has not been offered for sale throughout the 165-year history of the property. This first time offering of the Swenson Flat Top Ranch is an historic opportunity to own a quality working cattle ranch, which includes an extensive farming operation that can be expanded, if desired. In addition to farming and ranching, the property offers excellent hunting opportunities, potential future wind farm development, periodic surface damage income, and the potential to share in some portion of the mineral income.
$40,385,000
Swenson Family Flat Top Ranch
#TX245958
Haskell, 
41,000.00 acres
This property has been recently reduced from $1200 per acre to $985. The Flat Top Division of the legendary Swenson Ranch was established in 1853 – 1854 and the ranch contains 41,000 ± acres. Elevations on the ranch range from approximately 1,600’ feet to around 1,750’. The terrain over the eastern portion of the Flat Top Ranch is described as nearly level to gently rolling and sloping towards several noticeable drainages, all draining to the northeast. A very prominent elevated mesa, known as Flat Top Mountain, is located on the west-half of the ranch. The elevation change from the country below the mesa top to the country on the upper edge of the mesa is approximately 100 feet. The east face of the mesa is steep and rocky, but much of the mesa top is level and gently sloping. Views from the mesa edge are very impressive. To the west of the large mesa top, the level country transitions to header draws, becoming deeper canyon drainages, all flowing to the northwest to the Double Mountain Fork of the Brazos River. Native grass cover is considered to be good to excellent over much of the property. Principal native grasses include several varieties of bluestem, side oats grama, Texas winter grass, Arizona cottontop, blue grama, buffalo grass, tobosa, vine-mesquite, western wheat grass and sand drop seed. With favorable winter moisture, wildrye and filaree are abundant over major portions of the ranch. Approximately 6,300 acres are in cultivation, scattered over about a dozen fields throughout the ranch. All of the cultivated land is farmed on a dryland basis, principally farmed in wheat for seasonal grazing of livestock. With large areas of the ranch having very productive soils, it is estimated that an additional 10,000 acres could be broken out and farmed, if desired. With normal precipitation, this area of Texas is considered desirable wheat pasture country. LOCATION The ranch is generally located immediately west of Stamford, Texas, but two small non-contiguous tracts are located north and east of Stamford. Access to all major portions of the ranch are by paved highways and county roads. The ranch has an extensive network of well-maintained private ranch roads, making the property very accessible overall. Abilene, Texas is approximately 40 miles south of the ranch, with Fort Worth being approximately 180 miles to the east and Lubbock being approximately 140 miles to the northwest. The ranch is located on the Texas Rolling Plains, which is an area widely recognized for ranching, farming, mineral production, and in more recent years, outstanding hunting. HISTORY The historic Swenson Ranches trace their origin to Svante Magnus Swenson, the first Swedish immigrant to arrive in Texas, landing near what is now Galveston in 1838. The famous SMS brand, with two backward S’s was one of the first registered in Texas and was derived from Swenson’s initials. Swenson, a close ally of Sam Houston, played an active role in the state’s early history. He served as Travis County Commissioner in the 1850’s and as the first Treasurer of the State Agriculture Society. Swenson opened one of the first stores in Austin, introduced the Colt revolver to the frontier, and established the Swedish Pipeline which brought thousands of Swedish families to settle in Texas after the Civil War. A cabin from Swenson’s farm east of Austin, called Govalle, is enshrined today at Zilker Botanical Gardens in Austin as part of the Swedish Pioneer Village. By 1850 Svante had established himself in the general merchandise business in Austin. His large frontier trading post traded saddles, boots, blankets and many other supplies. Through his trading, Swenson began acquiring substantial amounts of land. Swenson also invested in railroad bonds and school bonds which entitled him to even more acreage. By 1860 Swenson had accumulated over 680,000 acres in Texas, much of it the unsettled territories on North Texas, north of Abilene. It was from these lands that the Flat Top Ranch was organized and is still owned by S.M. Swenson’s direct descendants. Because he was an ally of Houston’s and a vocal opponent of secession from the Union, Swenson was nearly assassinated at the beginning of the Civil War. With continuing threats on his life, he fled to Mexico in 1863 hidden under straw in a covered wagon. After the Civil War he settled in New York City where his wife and children joined him. He sold off his holdings around Austin, but maintained ownership of the land in the northern parts of Texas. In 1882 these lands were fenced and organized by Swenson’s sons, Eric and Swen Albin, and the vast ranching operations began. Initially the sons leased the ranches from their father and when Svante died in 1896, they inherited the properties. At this time there were three ranches: Ericsdahl, Eleonora and Mount Albin. The Ericsdahl Ranch which was located 7 miles east of Stamford was split up and sold to Swedish immigrants in the early 1900’s. Eleonora became known as the Throckmorton Ranch because it was in that county. The Mount Albin Ranch became known as the Flat Top Ranch because of a prominent mesa on the property. This is the ranch that Chas. S. Middleton and Son, LLC, has for sale today. The Swenson brothers hired one of S.M. Swenson’s nephews as the first manager of the overall operations. He was responsible for stocking the ranches and overseeing the construction of the headquarters, barns, and corrals, as well as the drilling of water wells. The first herds were comprised of 1,800 high-grade Durham Shorthorns and 180 Hereford-Shorthorn crosses along with registered Hereford bulls. The original remuda was driven up the Chisolm Trail from Round Rock, Texas where many Swedes had settled. The horses were a mix of Spanish and Arabian stock. The first ranch hands were mostly Swedish immigrants who had settled first in towns around Austin, like Round Rock, New Sweden and Elgin and many others came directly from Sweden. The ranches continued to grow as the family purchased the Scab 8 Ranch in 1900, adding another 79,000 acres of land to their holdings and renamed it the Tongue River Ranch. In 1906 they purchased the Espuela Ranch with other partners which gave them access to over 200,000 acres more. This ranch became the Spur Ranch and while much of it was sold off in the 1920’s, the family still owned 65,000 acres of it until the 1970’s. In order to make it easier to get their cattle to market, the Swenson brothers convinced the Texas Central Railroad to extend its rail line from Albany, Texas, 38 miles to the east, to the place that is now Stamford, Texas. The family donated the initial 640 acres from the Flat Top Ranch for the town and helped lay it out. The present headquarters for the Swenson Land & Cattle Co, was built in the town, on Swenson Street, in the 1920’s. Some of the property that is part of the Flat Top Ranch remains inside or adjacent to the town limits, including a recent purchase of about 132 acres that contains substantial cattle pens for feeding, weaning, etc. The Texas Cowboy Reunion Rodeo grounds, still the largest working cowboy rodeo in the US, was founded in Stamford by the Swenson heirs in 1930 on land that they also donated from their Flat Top holdings. In 1902 the Swenson brothers hired Frank S. Hastings as manager of their far-flung ranches and over the next two decades committed to the breeding and improvement of the SMS cattle. Under Hastings’ supervision, SMS became among the first ranches to participate in the “mail order” calf business. The cattle won many awards and developed a reputation for quality that remains today. Eric Swenson, Svante’s oldest son, remained as president of the ranches until his death in 1945. He was succeeded by one of his sons, Swen R. Swenson. In 1978 the holdings totaling over 250,000 acres were divided among four family groups. Three of the groups have since sold their ranches. The remaining group, whose land includes the Flat Top Ranch, was headed by Bruce B Swenson, one of Swen R. Swenson’s sons, and included Bruce’s brothers, Rod and Perry Swenson. The three brothers have passed away and the company that owns the Flat Top Ranch is now the Swenson Land & Cattle Co. and is chaired by Steve Swenson, one of Bruce’s sons. All the board of directors and shareholders are descendants of Svante Magnus Swenson. In recent years Swenson Land & Cattle has continued as a strong cow/calf operator and almost always gets the highest price for its class of cattle at Superior Livestock Auctions and other venues. Cattle buyers for Whole Foods have purchased the ranch’s cattle over the last 5-6 years. As a result, the Global Animal Partnership (GAP), Whole Food’s third party certification partner, has made on-site inspections of the ranch’s operations twice in the last 5 years. The ranch received a GAP 4 rating indicating it uses best practices for humane treatment of its cattle for an operation of this size. The ranch hands, now headed by Mark Voss, have won several ranch rodeo competitions over the past several years in places like Wichita Falls and Abilene. Wildlife is abundant at Flat Top and hunting leases have contributed substantial revenue in the past 10 years or so. The company sells a small amount of cattle to Svante’s Ranch Direct, a company owned by several S.M. Swenson descendants. They sell grass finished beef through farmers markets, a web site and food truck in the Austin area. As the years have gone by and the family tree continues to grow, shareholders have become more and more dispersed throughout the US and their interests have become more diverse. With many shareholders now in their mid-to late 60’s, the board reluctantly voted to sell Flat Top in order to provide some liquidity to those who wanted some. Selling Flat Top was not an easy decision for the family especially knowing that this heritage that traces directly to S.M. Swenson would pass from his great great-grandchildren and future descendants. However, the family has concluded that this the right time in their lives to do this. Sources: Clark, Mary Whatley - The Swenson Saga and the SMS Ranches (Austin, Texas: Jenkins Book Publishing Co. 1976); Baize, Wayne – Swenson Land & Cattle Company (2014); Anderson, H. Allen - SMS Ranches (Texas State Historical Association) WATER FEATURES The Double Mountain Fork of the Brazos River flows in a northeasterly direction through the ranch for approximately seven miles. Large tree cover is common along the river bottom with cedar found along the ridgelines and canyon side slopes. This area of the ranch is considered very scenic and offers great recreational appeal. Additionally, there are a number of smaller seasonal creeks throughout the property. The ranch is well watered by over 40 water wells, being a combination of windmills and electric submersible wells. These water sources distribute water to an extensive network of approximately 25 miles of waterlines and over 100 drinking troughs. Other water sources include approximately 140 earthen ponds, some of which are seasonal, with others being very large and considered to be a desirable year-round source of livestock water. Overall, the ranch is considered to be well watered. LIVESTOCK/CATTLE OPERATIONS Historically, the Flat Top Division of the Swenson Ranch has been operated as a cow/calf operation. Depending on weather conditions, the ranch is typically stocked with 850 – 1,000 mother cows, plus bulls and replacements. The ranch maintains a quality cow herd and while the cattle are not included in the sale, they are available to be purchased at market price. Current livestock inventory is approximately 855 bred cows, 90 bred heifers and 70 bulls. HUNTING, WILDLIFE AND RECREATION The Flat Top Division offers great hunting opportunities, including white tail deer, quail, dove, feral hogs and seasonal water fowl. Fishing is available in the river and several of the larger ponds. IMPROVEMENTS The ranch owns a small grow yard located just west of Stamford. The pens are of pipe construction with complete working facilities, scales and some covered pens. This tract has some adjoining pasture and farmland, which compliments the grow yard. The property is adequately improved for the day to day ranching operation. In addition to the grow yard, other structural improvements include the main headquarters, the Taylor Camp, the Farm Center, and approximately 17 sets of livestock shipping/working/branding pens. The headquarter improvements consist of the ranch manager’s home, several employee houses, barns, horse stalls and a large set of livestock shipping pens, which are equipped with scales. The Taylor Camp is improved with a camp manager’s home, bunk house and shipping pens equipped with scales. The Farm Center improvements include a metal barn/shop with a fenced area for housing farm equipment and fuel. The Flat Top Division of the Swenson Ranch is fenced and cross fenced into many multiple pastures, and most all of the fences are considered to be in average to above average condition. Totally, there are approximately 166 miles of fencing on the ranch. RESOURCES There is scattered oil production on the ranch. The original oil production was first discovered in the early 1950’s and some of this original production is still producing. In 1978, as briefly mentioned in the History of the Swenson Ranches, the four Swenson Families agreed to partition all of the ranches into four separate family divisions. After the ranches were partitioned, the three other families began selling off their divisions. At the time of this partition, each division of the Swenson Ranches had all or most all of the minerals intact. Each of the four families received one-quarter of the minerals under each of the four divisions. That being the case, the Swenson Family members owning the Flat Top Division have approximately 25% of the minerals under this ranch. Current royalty income is fairly substantial. New drilling is now underway, and recent development would suggest the possibility of a substantial new income source from oil. Since it is very difficult to determine the present value and future potential of the minerals, the family has elected to negotiate on the mineral conveyance based on the final offering price for the property. Based on the family owning approximately 25% of the minerals under the Flat Top Division, current royalty income is approximately $200,000 per year on the original production and approximately $600,000 per year on the newly discovered production. In addition to the income derived from the cattle operation and farming income, other sources of income include hunting lease revenue, periodic surface damage income and income derived from oil and gas leases and oil and gas royalty production. The hunting is leased on a year to year basis and can be extended if a buyer is not interested in hunting, or terminated, if the buyer wants possession of the hunting. The ranch just negotiated a gas pipeline easement crossing approximately 7 miles of the ranch. This pipeline has just been installed and the utility company has re-seeded this easement with grass. The ranch collected $1,300,000 for this easement. While there are no major electric transmission lines currently located on the ranch, many large wind farm developments and transmission lines are located throughout this region of Texas. With this in mind, the owners of the Flat Top Division propose to reserve 25% of any future wind energy royalty income, but the purchaser of the ranch will have full control of negotiating any future wind energy leases. PRICE AND REMARKS The Flat Top Division of the Swenson Ranch is very reasonably priced at $985 per acre. It is very seldom that a ranch of this magnitude and history becomes available in this area of Texas. The owners of the ranch are currently in the process of surveying the entire property in order to establish the exact acres of the ranch. This survey is being paid for by the owners. Property taxes are approximately $63,000 per year or about $1.50 per acre. BROKER COMMENTS The ranch is generally operated with approximately eight full-time employees. In addition to the very knowledgeable ranch manager, there is clerical help at the office in Stamford along with additional farm/ranch employees, including the Taylor Camp manager. All together this efficient staff keeps the books, pays bills, manages the day to day farming and ranching operation, maintains the property and meets with the family on a regular basis. As the broker selected to market this property, it is apparent the current employees are a valuable asset to the ranch and a buyer of this property should strongly consider keeping everyone on board. All employees are anxious to remain with the ranch. This long-term ownership ranch has not been offered for sale throughout the 165-year history of the property. This first time offering of the Swenson Flat Top Ranch is an historic opportunity to own a quality working cattle ranch, which includes an extensive farming operation that can be expanded, if desired. In addition to farming and ranching, the property offers excellent hunting opportunities, potential future wind farm development, periodic surface damage income, and the potential to share in some portion of the mineral income.
$40,385,000
Swenson Family Flat Top Ranch
#TX245959
Stonewall, 
41,000.00 acres
This property has been recently reduced from $1200 per acre to $985. The Flat Top Division of the legendary Swenson Ranch was established in 1853 – 1854 and the ranch contains 41,000 ± acres. Elevations on the ranch range from approximately 1,600’ feet to around 1,750’. The terrain over the eastern portion of the Flat Top Ranch is described as nearly level to gently rolling and sloping towards several noticeable drainages, all draining to the northeast. A very prominent elevated mesa, known as Flat Top Mountain, is located on the west-half of the ranch. The elevation change from the country below the mesa top to the country on the upper edge of the mesa is approximately 100 feet. The east face of the mesa is steep and rocky, but much of the mesa top is level and gently sloping. Views from the mesa edge are very impressive. To the west of the large mesa top, the level country transitions to header draws, becoming deeper canyon drainages, all flowing to the northwest to the Double Mountain Fork of the Brazos River. Native grass cover is considered to be good to excellent over much of the property. Principal native grasses include several varieties of bluestem, side oats grama, Texas winter grass, Arizona cottontop, blue grama, buffalo grass, tobosa, vine-mesquite, western wheat grass and sand drop seed. With favorable winter moisture, wildrye and filaree are abundant over major portions of the ranch. Approximately 6,300 acres are in cultivation, scattered over about a dozen fields throughout the ranch. All of the cultivated land is farmed on a dryland basis, principally farmed in wheat for seasonal grazing of livestock. With large areas of the ranch having very productive soils, it is estimated that an additional 10,000 acres could be broken out and farmed, if desired. With normal precipitation, this area of Texas is considered desirable wheat pasture country. LOCATION The ranch is generally located immediately west of Stamford, Texas, but two small non-contiguous tracts are located north and east of Stamford. Access to all major portions of the ranch are by paved highways and county roads. The ranch has an extensive network of well-maintained private ranch roads, making the property very accessible overall. Abilene, Texas is approximately 40 miles south of the ranch, with Fort Worth being approximately 180 miles to the east and Lubbock being approximately 140 miles to the northwest. The ranch is located on the Texas Rolling Plains, which is an area widely recognized for ranching, farming, mineral production, and in more recent years, outstanding hunting. HISTORY The historic Swenson Ranches trace their origin to Svante Magnus Swenson, the first Swedish immigrant to arrive in Texas, landing near what is now Galveston in 1838. The famous SMS brand, with two backward S’s was one of the first registered in Texas and was derived from Swenson’s initials. Swenson, a close ally of Sam Houston, played an active role in the state’s early history. He served as Travis County Commissioner in the 1850’s and as the first Treasurer of the State Agriculture Society. Swenson opened one of the first stores in Austin, introduced the Colt revolver to the frontier, and established the Swedish Pipeline which brought thousands of Swedish families to settle in Texas after the Civil War. A cabin from Swenson’s farm east of Austin, called Govalle, is enshrined today at Zilker Botanical Gardens in Austin as part of the Swedish Pioneer Village. By 1850 Svante had established himself in the general merchandise business in Austin. His large frontier trading post traded saddles, boots, blankets and many other supplies. Through his trading, Swenson began acquiring substantial amounts of land. Swenson also invested in railroad bonds and school bonds which entitled him to even more acreage. By 1860 Swenson had accumulated over 680,000 acres in Texas, much of it the unsettled territories on North Texas, north of Abilene. It was from these lands that the Flat Top Ranch was organized and is still owned by S.M. Swenson’s direct descendants. Because he was an ally of Houston’s and a vocal opponent of secession from the Union, Swenson was nearly assassinated at the beginning of the Civil War. With continuing threats on his life, he fled to Mexico in 1863 hidden under straw in a covered wagon. After the Civil War he settled in New York City where his wife and children joined him. He sold off his holdings around Austin, but maintained ownership of the land in the northern parts of Texas. In 1882 these lands were fenced and organized by Swenson’s sons, Eric and Swen Albin, and the vast ranching operations began. Initially the sons leased the ranches from their father and when Svante died in 1896, they inherited the properties. At this time there were three ranches: Ericsdahl, Eleonora and Mount Albin. The Ericsdahl Ranch which was located 7 miles east of Stamford was split up and sold to Swedish immigrants in the early 1900’s. Eleonora became known as the Throckmorton Ranch because it was in that county. The Mount Albin Ranch became known as the Flat Top Ranch because of a prominent mesa on the property. This is the ranch that Chas. S. Middleton and Son, LLC, has for sale today. The Swenson brothers hired one of S.M. Swenson’s nephews as the first manager of the overall operations. He was responsible for stocking the ranches and overseeing the construction of the headquarters, barns, and corrals, as well as the drilling of water wells. The first herds were comprised of 1,800 high-grade Durham Shorthorns and 180 Hereford-Shorthorn crosses along with registered Hereford bulls. The original remuda was driven up the Chisolm Trail from Round Rock, Texas where many Swedes had settled. The horses were a mix of Spanish and Arabian stock. The first ranch hands were mostly Swedish immigrants who had settled first in towns around Austin, like Round Rock, New Sweden and Elgin and many others came directly from Sweden. The ranches continued to grow as the family purchased the Scab 8 Ranch in 1900, adding another 79,000 acres of land to their holdings and renamed it the Tongue River Ranch. In 1906 they purchased the Espuela Ranch with other partners which gave them access to over 200,000 acres more. This ranch became the Spur Ranch and while much of it was sold off in the 1920’s, the family still owned 65,000 acres of it until the 1970’s. In order to make it easier to get their cattle to market, the Swenson brothers convinced the Texas Central Railroad to extend its rail line from Albany, Texas, 38 miles to the east, to the place that is now Stamford, Texas. The family donated the initial 640 acres from the Flat Top Ranch for the town and helped lay it out. The present headquarters for the Swenson Land & Cattle Co, was built in the town, on Swenson Street, in the 1920’s. Some of the property that is part of the Flat Top Ranch remains inside or adjacent to the town limits, including a recent purchase of about 132 acres that contains substantial cattle pens for feeding, weaning, etc. The Texas Cowboy Reunion Rodeo grounds, still the largest working cowboy rodeo in the US, was founded in Stamford by the Swenson heirs in 1930 on land that they also donated from their Flat Top holdings. In 1902 the Swenson brothers hired Frank S. Hastings as manager of their far-flung ranches and over the next two decades committed to the breeding and improvement of the SMS cattle. Under Hastings’ supervision, SMS became among the first ranches to participate in the “mail order” calf business. The cattle won many awards and developed a reputation for quality that remains today. Eric Swenson, Svante’s oldest son, remained as president of the ranches until his death in 1945. He was succeeded by one of his sons, Swen R. Swenson. In 1978 the holdings totaling over 250,000 acres were divided among four family groups. Three of the groups have since sold their ranches. The remaining group, whose land includes the Flat Top Ranch, was headed by Bruce B Swenson, one of Swen R. Swenson’s sons, and included Bruce’s brothers, Rod and Perry Swenson. The three brothers have passed away and the company that owns the Flat Top Ranch is now the Swenson Land & Cattle Co. and is chaired by Steve Swenson, one of Bruce’s sons. All the board of directors and shareholders are descendants of Svante Magnus Swenson. In recent years Swenson Land & Cattle has continued as a strong cow/calf operator and almost always gets the highest price for its class of cattle at Superior Livestock Auctions and other venues. Cattle buyers for Whole Foods have purchased the ranch’s cattle over the last 5-6 years. As a result, the Global Animal Partnership (GAP), Whole Food’s third party certification partner, has made on-site inspections of the ranch’s operations twice in the last 5 years. The ranch received a GAP 4 rating indicating it uses best practices for humane treatment of its cattle for an operation of this size. The ranch hands, now headed by Mark Voss, have won several ranch rodeo competitions over the past several years in places like Wichita Falls and Abilene. Wildlife is abundant at Flat Top and hunting leases have contributed substantial revenue in the past 10 years or so. The company sells a small amount of cattle to Svante’s Ranch Direct, a company owned by several S.M. Swenson descendants. They sell grass finished beef through farmers markets, a web site and food truck in the Austin area. As the years have gone by and the family tree continues to grow, shareholders have become more and more dispersed throughout the US and their interests have become more diverse. With many shareholders now in their mid-to late 60’s, the board reluctantly voted to sell Flat Top in order to provide some liquidity to those who wanted some. Selling Flat Top was not an easy decision for the family especially knowing that this heritage that traces directly to S.M. Swenson would pass from his great great-grandchildren and future descendants. However, the family has concluded that this the right time in their lives to do this. Sources: Clark, Mary Whatley - The Swenson Saga and the SMS Ranches (Austin, Texas: Jenkins Book Publishing Co. 1976); Baize, Wayne – Swenson Land & Cattle Company (2014); Anderson, H. Allen - SMS Ranches (Texas State Historical Association) WATER FEATURES The Double Mountain Fork of the Brazos River flows in a northeasterly direction through the ranch for approximately seven miles. Large tree cover is common along the river bottom with cedar found along the ridgelines and canyon side slopes. This area of the ranch is considered very scenic and offers great recreational appeal. Additionally, there are a number of smaller seasonal creeks throughout the property. The ranch is well watered by over 40 water wells, being a combination of windmills and electric submersible wells. These water sources distribute water to an extensive network of approximately 25 miles of waterlines and over 100 drinking troughs. Other water sources include approximately 140 earthen ponds, some of which are seasonal, with others being very large and considered to be a desirable year-round source of livestock water. Overall, the ranch is considered to be well watered. LIVESTOCK/CATTLE OPERATIONS Historically, the Flat Top Division of the Swenson Ranch has been operated as a cow/calf operation. Depending on weather conditions, the ranch is typically stocked with 850 – 1,000 mother cows, plus bulls and replacements. The ranch maintains a quality cow herd and while the cattle are not included in the sale, they are available to be purchased at market price. Current livestock inventory is approximately 855 bred cows, 90 bred heifers and 70 bulls. HUNTING, WILDLIFE AND RECREATION The Flat Top Division offers great hunting opportunities, including white tail deer, quail, dove, feral hogs and seasonal water fowl. Fishing is available in the river and several of the larger ponds. IMPROVEMENTS The ranch owns a small grow yard located just west of Stamford. The pens are of pipe construction with complete working facilities, scales and some covered pens. This tract has some adjoining pasture and farmland, which compliments the grow yard. The property is adequately improved for the day to day ranching operation. In addition to the grow yard, other structural improvements include the main headquarters, the Taylor Camp, the Farm Center, and approximately 17 sets of livestock shipping/working/branding pens. The headquarter improvements consist of the ranch manager’s home, several employee houses, barns, horse stalls and a large set of livestock shipping pens, which are equipped with scales. The Taylor Camp is improved with a camp manager’s home, bunk house and shipping pens equipped with scales. The Farm Center improvements include a metal barn/shop with a fenced area for housing farm equipment and fuel. The Flat Top Division of the Swenson Ranch is fenced and cross fenced into many multiple pastures, and most all of the fences are considered to be in average to above average condition. Totally, there are approximately 166 miles of fencing on the ranch. RESOURCES There is scattered oil production on the ranch. The original oil production was first discovered in the early 1950’s and some of this original production is still producing. In 1978, as briefly mentioned in the History of the Swenson Ranches, the four Swenson Families agreed to partition all of the ranches into four separate family divisions. After the ranches were partitioned, the three other families began selling off their divisions. At the time of this partition, each division of the Swenson Ranches had all or most all of the minerals intact. Each of the four families received one-quarter of the minerals under each of the four divisions. That being the case, the Swenson Family members owning the Flat Top Division have approximately 25% of the minerals under this ranch. Current royalty income is fairly substantial. New drilling is now underway, and recent development would suggest the possibility of a substantial new income source from oil. Since it is very difficult to determine the present value and future potential of the minerals, the family has elected to negotiate on the mineral conveyance based on the final offering price for the property. Based on the family owning approximately 25% of the minerals under the Flat Top Division, current royalty income is approximately $200,000 per year on the original production and approximately $600,000 per year on the newly discovered production. In addition to the income derived from the cattle operation and farming income, other sources of income include hunting lease revenue, periodic surface damage income and income derived from oil and gas leases and oil and gas royalty production. The hunting is leased on a year to year basis and can be extended if a buyer is not interested in hunting, or terminated, if the buyer wants possession of the hunting. The ranch just negotiated a gas pipeline easement crossing approximately 7 miles of the ranch. This pipeline has just been installed and the utility company has re-seeded this easement with grass. The ranch collected $1,300,000 for this easement. While there are no major electric transmission lines currently located on the ranch, many large wind farm developments and transmission lines are located throughout this region of Texas. With this in mind, the owners of the Flat Top Division propose to reserve 25% of any future wind energy royalty income, but the purchaser of the ranch will have full control of negotiating any future wind energy leases. PRICE AND REMARKS The Flat Top Division of the Swenson Ranch is very reasonably priced at $985 per acre. It is very seldom that a ranch of this magnitude and history becomes available in this area of Texas. The owners of the ranch are currently in the process of surveying the entire property in order to establish the exact acres of the ranch. This survey is being paid for by the owners. Property taxes are approximately $63,000 per year or about $1.50 per acre. BROKER COMMENTS The ranch is generally operated with approximately eight full-time employees. In addition to the very knowledgeable ranch manager, there is clerical help at the office in Stamford along with additional farm/ranch employees, including the Taylor Camp manager. All together this efficient staff keeps the books, pays bills, manages the day to day farming and ranching operation, maintains the property and meets with the family on a regular basis. As the broker selected to market this property, it is apparent the current employees are a valuable asset to the ranch and a buyer of this property should strongly consider keeping everyone on board. All employees are anxious to remain with the ranch. This long-term ownership ranch has not been offered for sale throughout the 165-year history of the property. This first time offering of the Swenson Flat Top Ranch is an historic opportunity to own a quality working cattle ranch, which includes an extensive farming operation that can be expanded, if desired. In addition to farming and ranching, the property offers excellent hunting opportunities, potential future wind farm development, periodic surface damage income, and the potential to share in some portion of the mineral income.
$40,385,000
Double Nickel on the Niobrara
#NE457821
Cherry, 
34,617.00 acres
Located in the Sandhills of Nebraska, the Double Nickel on the Niobrara is one of the finest ranches in the Midwest. An extremely diverse landscape of Sandhills grasslands, pine covered hills and draws, irrigated production farmland and wooded river bottoms provide an amazing combination of beauty, production and recreation seldom seen in a single offering.This unique property is nestled in the beautiful Sandhills region of Northwestern Nebraska, tucked against the Niobrara National Scenic River. This diverse terrain totals approximately 34,617+/- deeded acres with the opportunity for approximately 22,607+/- leased acres. Traveling through the ranch, one will find open plains, rugged terrain and scenic trails through many wooded areas following the 7 miles of river. Excellent wildlife habitat with river bottom and Ponderosa pine covered hills, dramatic caprock views. This income producing ranch offers something for everyone including the cow/calf rancher, seasoned investor, or outdoors enthusiast. Ideal for operating cattle and crop production, this beautiful property could also make an amazing country gentleman’s ranch and getaway. Double Nickel on the Niobrara is that special place, perfect to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life.Cattle Operation:Featuring a capacity for carrying up to 4200 mother cows, the cash flow and the potential of this investment is unparalleled. The current owners operate the ranch with production on the pivots in various types of forage for cattle. Alfalfa, Sudan grass, sorghum and native grass are produced to continue the carrying capacity throughout the year. Across the ranch there are well designed and maintained cattle working facilities that include a 500 head feedlot, large calving shed and livestock barn, and multiple outbuildings.Water:The ranch offers an abundance of quality water. Water is pumped from multiple wells as well as pump stations along the river for livestock and irrigating crops. An extensive system consisting of windmills, solar wells, pipeline, and tanks provide water throughout the ranch. All irrigation pumps and pivots operate with electricity on both ranches. Currently, 13 Center Irrigation Pivots combine for over 2200 acres of irrigated crop land. There are also multiple lakes and ponds located on the ranch, 7 miles of the Niobrara River as well as several miles of Medicine Creek and Steer Creek. (Average rainfall in the area is 19”-22” annually.) Recreation:Double Nickel on the Niobrara is a hunter’s paradise. High quality habitat and readily available water make the ranch a diverse haven to all kinds of wildlife. Starting with the largest inhabitants, the ranch is home to over 200 elk with bulls averaging 310”- 360” Boone and Crockett. Large herds of Mule deer and Whitetail deer can be found both along the river as well as out in the Sandhills offering the opportunity for high quality trophy bucks. Huge flocks of Merriam’s Turkey can be found moving along the fields and tree lined banks of the river. Other wildlife that call the ranch home include Pheasants, prairie chicken, several kinds of ducks as well as Canada geese. Coyotes, bobcat, and the occasional Mountain Lion have all traveled the expanse of the property. There are fishing opportunities in the river and the many ponds on the ranch that include trout and a mix of warm water species. The river provides plenty of opportunity for float trips on tubes, canoe or as the locals like to travel….in a stock tank. Under current operations, the ranch is leased out for hunting. There are cabins on the ranch to accommodate guests, hunters, or fisherman. Other Agri-tourism revenue streams are possible to accompany the hunting operations.The Ranch Details:The ranch consists of 2 units, the East & the West. The West Unit being a mix of sandhills pastures and excellent sub-irrigated and irrigated bottoms. It also has multiple ponds, two lakes and Medicine Creek that flows through its entirety. The West unit also has two residences and multiple outbuildings for the cattle and farming operation.  The East Unit sits along the banks of the Niobrara River and lays adjacent to largest portion of the lease on the Sam McKelvie National Forest. Good feed production with sub-irrigated meadows and pivot irrigated fields. The East Unit has several nice homes, cabins, multiple steel Morton buildings, grain storage.Double Nickel on the Niobrara East:     15,300+/- Deeded Acres     16,500+/- Leased Acres (Samuel R McKelvie Forest Lease)      2,107+/- Leased Acres (State and/or Private Leases)     4 Houses & 4 Cabins     Additional Outbuildings: Shop, Machinery Shed, Calving Sheds, Fire Truck Garage     240,000-Bushel Storage Facility     9 Center Irrigation Pivots with ground & surface water rights (1,484+/- acres)     7 miles of Niobrara River FrontageDouble Nickel on the Niobrara West:     19,317+/- Deeded Acres     4,000+/- Leased Acres (Samuel R McKelvie Forest Lease)     4 Houses     500+/- Head Feedlot     4 Center Irrigation Pivots with ground water rights (764+/- irrigated acres)Location:< 1-hour drive from Valentine, NE3.5-hour drive from Rapid City, SD6-hour drive from Omaha, NE6.5-hour drive from Denver, CO Nearest Airports:Miller Field- Valentine Nebraska (VTN)Runway 3701’x60’ asphaltFuel available- 100LL, Jet AHangers and tiedowns availableDistance to ranch-26 milesAinsworth Regional Airport-Ainsworth, Nebraska (ANW)Runway- 6824’ x 110’ asphaltFuel available- 100LL, Jet A.Distance to ranch-71 milesThomas County Airport- Thedford, Nebraska (TIF)Runway- 4400’ x 60’ asphaltFuel available- 100LL, self-service credit card.Hangers and tiedowns availableDistance to ranch-91 milesNorth Platte Regional Airport- North Platte Nebraska (LBF) Commercial service availableRunway- 8001’x150’ concrete/groovedRunway-4436’x100’ concreteFuel-100LL, Jet AHangers and tiedowns availableDistance to ranch-157 milesOther Area Attractions:Smith Falls State Park, Forth Niobrara and Valentine National Wildlife Refuges as well as Merritt Reservoir State Recreation Area which is some of the best Walleye fishing in northern Nebraska. Fredrick Peak Golf Course is a fantastic 10-hole course designed by the Lehman Design Group know for the Dunes course at the Prairie Club.Livestock and machinery: Not included in listing price. 
$42,500,000
Lakeridge Homestead 4000
#WA251971
Grant, 
4,000.00 acres
LHR4000 is one of the largest parcels of urban-proximity waterfront property in Washington State w/4000+ acres and approximately 5.5 miles of undeveloped lakefront. The property has existing water rights of 3,000 gallons per minute w/multiple withdrawal points. Zoning is RR1. Would be a great Master Planned Community. 3 Pivots for Farming on property. Part of land is leased to a livestock contractor. Please set appt to walk property.
$38,800,000
Half Circle L Ranch
#FL458798
Collier, 
9,805.00 acres
Half Circle L Ranch is a 9824 +/- acre ranch and farming operation located near Immokalee Florida. This property is one of the last large contiguous land holdings available in southwest Florida. This property has been owned and managed by the same family for 4 generations and has great hunting, farming and ranching operations. The ranch land consist of improved pasture, oak and palm hammocks along with old world cypress strands. The ranch currently runs 800 cow calf pairs. The property has cattle pens, working chutes, and holding pens to support the cattle operations. The ranch land offers excellent hunting with all major species offered in Florida. Osceola Turkey, Whitetail Deer and hogs are abundant. There are two hunting lodge areas which have nice cabins, skinning rooms and walk in coolers. All these areas have back up generators to ensure power when needed.. . There are 1,528 +/ net farm acres on this property. The farmland is currently leased to excellent farm tenants. The leases are annual leases with excellent income potential for the prospective buyer. Other income sources consist of timber, sod and palmetto berry harvest. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a great working ranch/agribusiness in southwest Florida.
$37,897,000
Western NE Large Scale Farming Operation Property
#NE262804
Perkins, 
11,680.00 acres
This very productive, irrigated and dryland farm offers you 11,680 total acres (8,480 deeded with optional 3,200+/- leased). Located in western Nebraska, this is an area with highly sought-after farmland and may be one of the best, well-run farming practices on the market today. It offers abundant soft water (livestock-quality), excellent soils, good access to markets, 3-phase power, and well-maintained improvements. LOCATION/ACCESS Fertile Farmland • Abundant Water • Nearby Resources Located in Perkins and Chase County, Nebraska, this farming operation is in an optimal area for great production and profitable farming. This area of Nebraska raises several million bushels of grain each year. Within a 35-mile radius of the farm, you have several grain elevators on the railroad that give competitive bids for grain; several feedlots to where you can contract silage, hay, and grain; an ethanol plant at Madrid that buys corn; and a 7,000 head organic dairy that is planning to expand. The impressive grain elevator in Venango boasts the ability to load more railroad cars than any other elevator in the nation. The nearest town is Grant, NE (population 1,165), with Madrid to the east, Ogallala to the north, Brandon to the west, and Imperial to the south. State Highway 23 runs east-west directly through town, and State Highway 61 runs north to I-80 only 20 miles up the road. Chase and Perkins County have an average of 20-21 inches of precipitation a year in the form of rain, sleet, and snow. The majority of annual precipitation falls from March 14 to November 7, with the highest concentration of rainfall from mid-May through mid-June, making this an ideal grain-producing area. LAND DESCRIPTION 11,680 total acres • Deep Soils • Excellent production The farm offers highly desirable farm ground, including some irrigated acres, some dry cropland, and 31 acres of building sites. The farm contains multiple separate tracts of ground, located within a 15-minute region of each other. The 11,680 total acres include approximately 8,480 deeded acres plus 3,200 optional school land leased acres. The acreage is broken down as follows: Deeded Acres: • Approximately 2,120 deeded acres of center pivot irrigated cropland (under 13 center pivots) • Approximately 6,360 deeded acres of dry cropland including 31 acres of building sites Leased acres: • Approximately 750 acres of leased irrigated ground under 6 pivots • Approximately 2450 acres of leased dryland. Current farming activities produce approximately 5,000 tons of dry matter per year. Additionally, you could potentially use for the property for a cattle operation and/or an organic farm operation. As a cattle feeding operation, you could grow your own silage, hay, and grain to feed your own cattle. You could also start a custom feeding operation. You can buy wet distillers’ grain from the Madrid ethanol plant, and the close location to markets makes this an ideal location to feed cattle. Also, the farm is centrally located between three major beef packing plants. As an organic farm operation, you would enjoy the benefit of deep, fertile soils, local access to manure and compost, good irrigation, and good rainfall. All these factors make this farm highly suited for organics. Another attractive improvement you could build is your own grain elevator, as the farm has land adjacent to the BNSF Railroad. BUILDINGS AND IMPROVEMENTS 3 Homes • 5 building sites • Grain storage The improvements on the property are clean, well-kept and in good condition. They are located across 5 different building sites. Summary of Improvements: • 3 homes • Attached 4-car garage on main home • Studio apartment • 4 large metal buildings • 4 utility buildings • Multiple sheds and other improvements • Grain storage for 393,100 bushels • 3 complete RV motorhome hookups • And much more! One improvement worth pointing out is a 100-ft Base Tower for Trimble GPS Guidance that belongs to the farm. This saves the farm around $15,000 per year in subscription fees to the Case IH Network. Building Site 1: Custom Luxury Home, 4-Car Garage, and Shop Building site 1 features the newest buildings, including an impressive custom home, a 4-car attached garage, and a state-of-the-art metal shop building, all built in 2010. If you need an indication of the profitability of the farm, just take a look at this house. This property is located 1 mile west of Grant, Nebraska, in part of the NW 1/4 of Section 15, T10N, R39W, Perkins County. It can be severed from the sale of the farm if the buyer desires to buy just one or the other. MAIN HOME The main home at the headquarters is a custom home designed by the current owners and built in 2010 to impeccable standards of workmanship. This single-level home with 2,891 square feet, 3 bedrooms, and 2.5 baths is a showpiece property that would be impressive anywhere in the country. As you enter the home, the feeling of elegance hits you as you pass delicate, arched columns. When you walk in the door, you’ll notice the gorgeous circular tilework decoration on the floor, the dining room chandelier, and the rich color of the knotty alder trim and cabinetry. The house abounds with high-quality upgrades. All windows and most doors are Pella brand. The home is roofed with Heritage asphalt shingles. Rooms in the home include a master bedroom with bathroom and walk-in closet, 2 more bedrooms, 1.5 more bathrooms, an office, kitchen, formal dining room, and formal sitting room. The kitchen features state-of-the-art cabinets and a built-in china cabinet. Granite countertops grace the counters and kitchen island, and when you host a large party, you’ll be able to prepare a huge spread of food with ease, thanks to 3 ovens, a 6-burner stovetop, and 2 sinks. The master bedroom breathes luxury, and when you step into the spacious walk-in shower, you’ll be greeted with multiple showerhead options for every preference. And the office! You’ll instantly feel like an executive when you sit down at the curved desk, surrounded by rich cabinetry, shelves for your books, and storage space for all your files. You can fall in love with this house guilt-free, as it is an eco-friendly house, built with a brick and stucco exterior over 12” ICF (Insulating Concrete Form) walls. Geothermal heating and cooling come from plastic coils in the 12’ deep pond in the backyard, and 12 to 14-foot high ceilings help this home stay naturally cooler on hot days. The interior of the home includes carpet and decorative ceramic tile flooring, painted drywall walls, and many amenities. A fireplace adds warmth and atmosphere to the living room, and ceiling-mounted surround-sound speakers in the house and patio allow you to play your favorite music all through the house. Large TV screens are mounted in every room of the house except the bathrooms (including the garage and the patio). The exterior of the home includes a 649-foot patio with spectacular views of the surrounding fields and countryside. In the backyard, brick steps descend to a 12-foot deep pond with tasteful landscaping, adding to the calm serenity of your surroundings. OUTBUILDINGS The 4-car attached garage is 36’ x 60’ (2,160 square feet) and has the same amount of craftsmanship as the house. It includes 4 electric overhead doors for ease of access of 4 vehicles, a full cement floor, custom-built cabinetry, and a kitchen area. The garage is also built of the same 12-inch ICF concrete walls as the home, and it is heated and cooled geothermally. Just outside the garage, the cement driveway can also be heated geothermally to melt ice and snow. A stone’s throw away from the garage is a state-of-the-art, 84’ x 100’ metal shop building, also built in 2010. This shop includes space to store all your toys, from RV’s to boats to ATVs and other equipment. The shop is heated and cooled geothermally as well as being insulated. It includes a full concrete floor, fluorescent lights, ceiling fans, a floor drain, 110- and 220-volt electrical service, and its own bathroom. Three access doors allow for easy access, including two 20’x14’ high electric overhead doors in the south wall and one 20’x14’ high electric overhead door in the west wall. Cement aprons are built in front of the garage doors, and beyond those, the driveway and area in front of the shop are covered with 3/4 inch crushed black marble rock. In addition, the shop offers you 3 RV motorhome hookups (two inside the shop and one outside the shop), complete with water, sewer, and electricity. This home and shop are head-and-shoulders above what you will find on most farm properties. You can tell that the planning and building of this house and shop came from a labor of love. You really need to see this place for yourself to be able to appreciate all the time, money, detail, and effort that went into building this place. Building Site 2 - Headquarters Building site 2 is the equipment headquarters, located on the SW 1/4 of Section 3, T10N, R40W, Perkins County. This site includes 1 open-front storage shed, 2 metal buildings, 10 grain bins with 191,000 bushels of grain storage, and fuel storage. The open-front machinery storage building is 80’ x 175’ and was built in 2009. It includes electrical service and a coal ash floor. The first metal building is a state-of-the-art farm shop that gives you plenty of shop space to keep the extensive line of equipment well maintained. It has an 80’ x 200’ enclosed space, plus a 40’ x 200’ open front lean-to on the south side of the building. This shop was built in 2004 and includes a full concrete floor, fluorescent lights, ceiling fans, and 110 and 220-volt electrical service. The shop has three main parts: an 80’ x 75’ shop area that is insulated with floor heat, a 21’ x 25’ finished office with full bathroom, laundry, and studio apartment over the office, and a machinery storage area that is not heated. A large sliding door on the west wall of the heated shop opens into the machinery storage area. Access doors to the shop include a 40’ x 20’ bi-fold door in the east wall and two 22’ x 20’ high electric overhead doors in the south wall. On the southeast corner of the shop, you have a cement loading dock to load and unload equipment. The second metal building is currently used to store a Case IH 4440 row crop sprayer during the winter, chemical storage, and seed storage. This building is 39’ x 71’ and was built in 1975. It includes a full concrete floor, 110 and 220-volt electrical service, fluorescent lights, full insulation, radiant heat, and a 20’ x 12’ overhead door in the east wall. A total of 10 grain bins on this site offer you 202,000 bushels of grain storage. • One 9,000 bu grain bin that was built in the 1970s. It has full air floors and 8-inch unload augers, and it was recently painted and sealed. • Two 10,500 bu hopper bins • One 2,000 bu cone bottom bins • One 3,000 bu cone bottom bins • One 45,000 bu grain bin with 10-inch unload auger • Two 36,000 bu bins with 10-inch unload • One 30,000 bu bin with 8-inch unload • One 20,000 bu bin with 8-inch unload auger. You can also store fuel at this site. Building Site 3 Building site 3 is located on part of the SE 1/4 of Section 9, T7N, R40W, Chase County. It includes a metal shop building, a quonset hut, and 15 grain bins with a total of 191,100 bushels of grain storage. The metal shop building is 60’x100’ and was built in 1978. It includes a full concrete floor, 110 and 220-volt electrical service, radiant heat, and a 25’x25’ attached office with a bathroom. The Quonset hut is 68’ x 115’ and was built in 1982. It includes a full concrete floor but has no electrical service. Right now, it is used for machinery storage, but it can also be used for up to 80,000 bushels of grain storage. • One 40,000 bu bin built in 1986 • Two 11,000 bu bins • One 26,000 bu bin • Ten 10,000 bu bins • One 2,500 bu cone bottom with a dual-burner MC dryer on natural gas • 600 bu drive-over pit for wet corn This building site features an extensive security camera system worth $8,000 that is internet accessible so that you can monitor the video feeds from any device with an internet connection. Building Site 4 Building site 4 is located on part of the SE1/4SE1/4 of Section 36, T11N, R40W, Perkins County. It includes one home and a utility building. The home is 1,360 square feet and was built in 1927 and is currently used as staff housing. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a partially finished basement. The utility building is 40’ x 48’ and was built around 1950 of wood frame construction. It includes a full concrete floor and 110-volt electrical service. Building Site 5 Building site 5 is located on the SW1/4 of Section 15, T11N, R41W, Perkins County. It includes one home and a utility building. The 1.5 story home is 1,343 square feet and was built around 1923. It has 4 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, and a partially finished basement. ACTIVITIES/AMENITIES Lake McConaughy • Ogallala • Nearby Towns Nebraska’s largest reservoir, Lake McConaughy, is just a short 45 minutes north. The 40,000-acre water site provides extraordinary and beautiful white sandy beaches. In addition, there is no shortage of boating, fishing, swimming, and camping. Nearby Ogallala is located at the intersection of I-80 and Nebraska Highway 61. It offers several nice hotels, bigger places to shop (such as an Ace Hardware and a Wal-Mart Super Center), and nice restaurants. Grant, Nebraska, just one mile east of the main home, is the county seat of Perkins County and offers small local restaurants and shopping. Grant recently upgraded its infrastructure in several ways. They expanded their airport to handle small jets, and they regularly fly in doctors and specialists to treat patients in their state-of-the-art medical facility. Around three years ago, they also added on to the hospital and added additional classrooms and a gym to the high school. Imperial, Nebraska is the county seat of Chase County. Located a quick 30 minutes to the south, and is the site of the Chase county fair as well as offering several hometown restaurants and small shops to visit. The utility building is 39’x64’ and was built around 1968 of wood and steel frame construction. It includes a full concrete floor and 110-volt electrical service. Grain bins on this site were all built in the 70’s and 80’s. They are equipped with partial air floors and 8-inch unload augers.
$37,500,000