|| An incredible opportunity to live the Old West heritage and grandeur of Montana and the New West leisure and luxury of Scottsdale. This offering includes a 7,000 acre cattle ranch near Lewistown, MT and a 100-acre horse ranch in Scottsdale, AZ.
In the desert foothills of Arizona, somewhere on the grassland mountains of Montana, somewhere immersed deep in the Western landscape lie the keys to a life. Whether it’s the New West convenience and luxury of a place like Scottsdale—where centuries of horse culture live side by side with exquisite golf courses, Top Chef-level dining and designer shopping—or a place like Lewistown, Montana—where the Old West tradition and history suffuses the broad, handsome expanses—a certain kind of living keeps people closer to the land.
This unique offering is comprised of two trophy properties that lead you to a single turn-key lifestyle. Horsethief Basin Ranch, a 7,000 acre black angus cattle ranch, is located just outside of Lewistown, Montana. MorDo Ranch is a 100-acre horse located on the edge of Scottsdale, Arizona. It is the balance between new and old. Desert and mountain. Summer and winter. These two ranches belong together.
MorDo Ranch – Scottsdale, Arizona
New West Leisure & Luxury & Convenience
Pass through the private gates. Drive through the shade of mesquite and palo verde trees. Ocotillo flowers pop orange against the landscape. When you arrive at the estancia, it’s like transporting through another era—a time when a man’s word was his bond and worth was determined by the work you could do in a day—without ever leaving the comfort and conveniences of the era you know.
A few minutes’ drive away lies scores of world-class golf courses, some of the finest shopping in the country and cutting-edge medical facilities. But MorDo is an enchanting slice of serenity on the edge of the modern splendor of Scottsdale, a 100-acre sanctuary nestled amid the sweet smell of sage and saguaro right on the edge of town.
MorDo Ranch Overview
· Just under 100 acres
· 8,700 square foot Argentinian-inspired estancia that is built around a great room
· Expansive kitchen, equipped for gourmet chefs
· His & Her offices
· Master suite with private library and sumptuous bath with wet and dry saunas
· Two private guest suites
· Numerous patios and courtyard blur the lines between indoor and outdoor living spaces
· Conducive for intimate dinners for two or grand-scale events for 300
· Large workshop and memorabilia room secured by a 19th century bank vault door
· Three-bedroom manager’s house
· Two-bedroom guesthouse
· Art museum
· Several outbuildings to support the equestrian facilities
· World-class equestrian facilities include a six-stall stable and 16-stall mare motel, which have housed some of the world’s most valuable cutting horses
· Two corrals open to four large pastures
· Swimming pool and tennis court
· Shooting range
Horsethief Basin Ranch – Lewsitown, Montana
The Old West Herritage & Grandeur of Montana
A winding lane flanked by miles of lush, green grass. This is the West the way it was, the West of cowboys and cattle drives, beautiful wildflowers and abundant wildlife. Here, people are still riding for the brand and the hills and mountains still hold untamed promises. On this landscape, with its epic sweep and rich history, human impact still feels scant and natural rhythms set the pace. This is vastness as a way of life, the land as a means of changing the way you feel about your place on earth.
Down the road 15 minutes is Lewistown, a town that might have stepped out of 1950’s Western set, a place where cowboys still wear chaps and spurs in the saloon. It has an airport for private aviation, and all the groceries and dry goods you need so that you can be self-sufficient and surrounded by the grandeur that remain only in pockets in this country—pockets like Horsethief Basin.
Horsethief Basin Ranch Overview
· Approximately 7,000 contiguous acres (6,300 fee acres and 700 leased acres)
· Approximately 1/3 grasslands and 2/3 rolling timberlands
· A working cattle ranch easily capable of supporting 500 cow-calf pairs or as a summer pasture for cows and yearlings
· All the necessary outbuildings, equipment and farm machinery necessary to run the cattle operation is available
· Trusted management is in place to handle the entire operation, if desired
· 23 miles of fence
· Artesian springs developed to create reliable water sources without damaging the riparian zones
· Fully-adjudicated water rights
· 8,000 square foot hand-crafted log home - 1880’s on the outside, but fully fitted with 2030 comfort and luxury on the inside
· An expansive kitchen provides room for expert flair in meal creation
· Great room with vaulted ceiling and stone fireplace exudes an aura of history and tradition
· Comfortable master suite and two guest suites in the main cabin
· Two two-bedroom, two-bath guesthouses with full kitchens and large living rooms
· Six-stall barn and numerous corrals
· Active wildlife management on the ranch ensure that healthy populations of elk, deer, antelope and wild turkey thrive here
· Big Spring Creek is nearby and is one of Montana’s premier trout streams
Visit http://mystiqueofthewest.com/ for more information or contact us:
451 E. Main Street
Bozeman, MT 59715
In cooperation with Walt Danley Realty of Arizona
Walt Danley Realty
6720 N. Scottsdale Road
Paradise Valley, Arizona 85253