Twin Oaks Plantation is a 1,913+/- acre historic plantation located just five minutes from downtown Thomasville in the Red Hills plantation belt with this being the first time this land has been available for purchase since the late 1800s. It is surrounded by many exceptional plantations including Melrose, Longpine, Pebble Hill, Sinkola, and Beverly. These are some of the original plantation lands purchased by the Chapin-Hannas in 1891. Over 150,000 acres of plantations in the Red Hills can be traced back to the Hanna familys influence on their friends, family, and business associates who shared a passion for the recreation these southern properties offered. The landscape is rolling with two-thirds in upland pines, along with the Big Hammock, a gorgeous bottomland forest. Water resources include nearly two miles of Lees Creek and a 12+/-acre lake. The main house is situated on a hill with views of mature pines and pastoral fields. The allure of the history of these productive lands is possibly only rivaled by their proximity to downtown Thomasville. This property, along with much of the surrounding acreage, is protected from development by a conservation easement.
Twin Oaks Plantation - One of the best-located and longest-owned Red Hills plantations of this size and provenance to ever become available.
~ 1,913+/- acre historic Red Hills plantation just four miles from downtown Thomasville on Highway 319 in Thomas and Grady Counties
~ Surrounded by some of the most respected names of historic Red Hills quail plantations, including Pebble Hill, Melrose, Longpine, Sinkola, and Beverly
~ Part of plantation lands owned by the same family since 1891 when Charles M. Chapin first purchased it, then sold to his uncle Howard Melville Hanna and still owned by their descendants
~ Exceptionally beautiful stands of old-growth longleaf pine
~ Diverse and rolling landscape with a beautiful and rare ecotone of mature upland pine-hardwood bay forests
~ 1.5+/- miles of Lees Creek
~ 12+/- acre lake with picnic shelter and fireplace
~ Approximately a third of a mile of frontage on US Highway 319, the scenic road between Tallahassee and Thomasville, and one and a half miles on Lower Cairo Road
~ 5,735+/- square foot main house with three bedrooms, four full and two half baths, four fireplaces, an indoor pool, lanai, and generator back up power built in 1981
~ Other improvements include three staff houses, plantation office, kennels, equipment barn, two-stall horse barn, fenced pastures, and additional barns and shelters
~ Very good system of roads throughout with numerous well-constructed concrete and steel bridges
~ Very well-maintained grounds with a strong diversity of recreational hunting opportunities
~ Twin Oaks, along with much of the neighboring acreage, is protected from development by a conservation easement