AMAZING PROPERTY! You will be pleasantly surprised at how private it is. The driveway winds through beautiful mature trees and opens to a stunning custom built stone home. The property is 27+ acres and along with the gorgeous main house, there is a guesthouse, a barn, a pool/spa, covered porches, pond, and more. The property currently has a wildlife exemption. PERFECT location in the historic town of Chappell Hill, the property is convenient to Houston or enjoy retirement in this awesome small town.
The main house was custom built and has a unique large living room with telescoping doors on each side of the room which creates a dogtrot breezeway perfect on a cool day. The formal dining room has stone on two walls to compliment the exterior and rustic feel of the home. The butler pantry has a wine cooler, sink, and refrigerator w/ ice maker for entertaining. The large kitchen features custom concrete counters with plenty of prep space and extra seating at the island for family gatherings. The spacious master bedroom and bathroom are located downstairs with large his and her closets. There are two additional bedrooms downstairs, a full bath, half bath, utility room, and mudroom. Have you ever dreamed of a Christmas storage room on the FIRST floor? The oversized room is decked out with built-in shelves and enough room for a hobby room or plumbed for additional bath. The upstairs includes a desk area, a large game room with an additional private guest bedroom and a full bathroom.
Other features include:
• Wide-plank pine floors "Newly refinished"
• Shiplap wood ceiling in the living room
• Central vacuum system
• Tankless hot water heaters
• Water softener
• Ceiling Fans
• Alarm System
• Surround Sound
• Window treatments
• Large walk-in attic
• Additional space in the three car garage with a half bath that you can access from the pool area
• Surround sound on 8 zones throughout the house and patio
• New HVAC upstairs
• New Carpet in gameroom
• Built-in Thermador refrigerator
• Thermador double convection oven
• Viking 6-burner gas cooktop
• The breakfast room overlooks backyard with a built-in desk area
Own a piece of history. The Guest House on the property was ordered from the Sears & Roebuck Catalog and constructed approximately in the 1920’s. The 1248 sf. space will be a great two bedroom, one bath retreat for guest or could be used for an office, craft room, or mother-in-law house.
What is a Sears Modern Home?
From 1908–1940, Sears, Roebuck, and Co. sold about 70,000 - 75,000 homes through their mail-order Modern Homes program. Over that time Sears designed 447 different housing styles, from the elaborate multistory Ivanhoe, with its elegant French doors and art glass windows, to the simpler Goldenrod, which served as a quaint, three-room and no-bath cottage for summer vacationers. (An outhouse could be purchased separately for Goldenrod and similar cottage dwellers.) Customers could choose a house to suit their individual tastes and budgets.
• Custom pool and hot tub with plenty of outdoor space
• Separate outdoor shower
• Sprinkler system
• Professional landscaping and stone retaining wall
• Surround Sound
• Covered porch front and back
• Outdoor kitchen area with grill
• Metal barn with tack room and additional room for a man cave or game room (2325sf)
• Old antique barn on the property
• Mature trees scattered throughout the property